Six Thinking Hats®
After your team learns the skills behind The Six Thinking Hats® system they will:
- Hold critical meetings without or egos that would otherwise lead to bad decision making.
- Avoid the easy but mediocre decisions by knowing how to dig deeper.
- Increase productivity and even more importantly – be more effective.
- Make creative solutions the norm.
- Maximize and organize each person’s thoughts and ideas.
- Get to the right solution quickly along with a shared vision.
The Six Thinking Hats ®
The White Hat
The White Hat calls for information that is known or needed.
The Red Hat
The Red hat signifies feeling, hunches, and intuition.
The Black Hat
The Black hat is judgment – the devil’s advocate or why something may not work.
The Yellow Hat
The Yellow hat symbolizes brightness and optimism.
The Green Hat
The Green hat focuses on creativity: the possibilities, alternatives, and new ideas.
The Blue Hat
The Blue hat is used to Manage the Thinking process.